Do you know the current vision statement for Constance? (Don’t look yet, but it is at the bottom of this page.)
- When you think of the word “blessing”, what do you think of? Is your first thought of receiving a blessing or your ability to be a blessing?
- Read Genesis 12:1-3. There are two primary aspects of “blessing” in the message God gives Abram. What are they?
- Read Deuteronomy 28:1-14. This passage gives the key to receiving God’s blessings…what is it?
- What would the blessings in the last passage look like if they were happening today?
- The observation could be made that the people of Israel heard about receiving God’s blessings, but did not hear that they were to be a blessing to the world. Are we any different?
- If the key to receiving God’s blessings is obedience, what is the key to being able to be a blessing to others?
- Luke 10:25-37 is the story of the Good Samaritan. How was he a blessing to the man left for dead?
- What did it cost the Samaritan?
- What was going on in the Samaritan’s life that empowered him to be a blessing to the man?
- What kinds of things can move us from always wanting a blessing to always wanting to be a blessing?
- What are some tangible things we can do this week to be a blessing to our family? Our coworkers? Our neighbors?
Our vision is to be a community compelled by Christ’s love to bless our world.