If you were asked to recite a verse or common saying from memory, what would be the first one that would come to mind?
Read John 3:1-16
- What about verse 16 makes it such a favorite for so many people?
- Why do you think God loves this world? What does God see in humans that we may not?
- There are things in each of us that we believe no one could love. How does God's unconditional love make you feel in spite of your flaws?
- Why are we tempted to question whether or not God truly loves us?
- According to the second part of John 3:16, when we commit to following Christ a promise is made to us. What are we promised?
- How can the gift of eternal life give us hope as we live out our days in a world that is perishing?
- Why is it essential to share hope in a world that seems hopeless? Think of some people who need to experience the hope of Jesus. Who are they? Write their names down and pray for them.