In no more than five words, what is your attitude about our recent snow?
Read Psalm 69:1-12
- What kinds of things are you most likely to complain about?
- What was the psalmist experiencing as he was crying out to the Lord? What hardships did he seem to be enduring?
- Why do you think it is important to tell God about the difficulties you are facing?
- When is our crying out to God honesty on our part, and when does it become complaining or grumbling?
- What do you think is the difference between grumbling and groaning? When have you grumbled and when have your groaned?
- Continue reading verses 13-18, 29-36. List some of the characteristics of God that the psalmist highlights. How do these provide comfort in his time of need?
- How does our knowledge of God's character help us change our grumbling (complaining) to groaning?
- Is it possible to be honest with God about your troubles, disappointments, and difficulties and praise Him at the same time? Explain your answer.