What are you looking forward to in this new year?
Read Matthew 7:24-29
- There are many things we can choose as the foundation of our identity. What do you think the rock represents in Jesus’ parable?
- What are some examples of things that our culture encourages us to build our identity on? How are these things communicated to us?
- What kind of storms in life test us to the core of our being?
- In the story Jesus told, it appears that both homes experienced the same kind of storm. What are some of the reasons that someone who has an identity built on Jesus is more equipped to weather the storms of life?
- What are some of the reasons it is difficult to weather the storms of life when your identity is built on the wrong things?
Aneffective way to battle our culture's false messages about identity is to reflect what God has done and continues to do for you. Here are some examples. Can you add any to the list?
My worth is established not on how I look or perform, but on being loved by God.
My life is safe in God’s hands. I don’t need to be afraid.