Have you had any memorable neighbors? If so, share what made them memorable.
Read Romans 13:8-10, Mark 12:28-31
- When considering Jesus’ words in Mark 12:29-30, how do we love the Lord our God will all our heart, soul, mind
- What does it look like to “love your neighbor as yourself” as it is commanded in verse 31?
- Are you tempted to separate the two commands, thinking we MUST do the first while the second is optional? Why is that a temptation?
- Loving God and loving others go hand-in-hand. In what ways can you strengthen your relationship with God so that loving your neighbor becomes a natural result of your love for God?
- Read Proverbs 14:21. Talk about some of the tangible ways you can serve your neighbors with love.
- Another step to loving our neighbors is listening with care. What are some barriers that don’t allow us to do this well?
- How can we create space to listen to our neighbors with care?
- Which of your neighbors do you feel compelled to lift up in prayer?
- Is there anyone that you can “team up with” in your neighborhood to bring the “art of neighboring” to those who live close to you?