Have you used the chocolate bar from last weekend's sermon to invite anyone to our Easter services? How did the interaction go?
Read Luke 14:15-23
- What did the excuses of the invited guests reveal about their priorities? (Luke 14:18-20) Did any of the excuses seem like a valid reason to miss the party?
- What excuses do you hear people give when invited to follow Jesus?
- Why was the host so upset when the invited guests chose not to come to the party?
- Who didn't the host invite to the feast at his home?
- What types of people are we most likely to include on our invite list?
- Who would we be tempted leave off of the invite list? Who are the “poor, crippled, blind, and lame” in our communities?
- Why is it important to share Christ with everyone, regardless of whether or not we think they will receive the message or not?
- The outcasts at the party didn’t deserve to be there. They could never repay the gift they received. Are we tempted to think that some people do deserve to be there? Why?
- This party is a picture of the grace that Jesus gives us. How should this picture of grace compel us to live?