Can you name one professional athlete who has been blamed for his/her team’s failures? Why do we feel the need to identify a scapegoat?
Psalm 103 is a song, written by David, directing praise to God who gives us good gifts. Read the entire Psalm.
- What themes jump out at you when reading the Psalm? (If nothing did, reread it.)
- In verses 3-5 the psalmist notes several benefits that God extends to us. What are they?
- Which of these benefits do you think is the best? Why?
- How is God described in verses 8-13? Is this consistent with your understanding of God? How is it different?
- Many Christians struggle to feel truly forgiven by God–that He has “removed our transgressions.” Why do you think that is?
- What are some ways that we tend to try to make up for our failures with others? How about with God?
- How would your life be different if you fully believed that Jesus offers full forgiveness?
• How might your sense of gratitude and praise increase?
• How might your sense to make up for your sins change?
• How might you grow in your ability to extend forgiveness to others?