Getting Started: Who was your best friend when you were in grade school? Have you been able to stay connected?
Digging In: The book of Proverbs teaches much about the importance of friends. Read the following and discuss.
- Proverbs 12:26- When you think of friends, do you think of “choosing” them or as friendships just happening?
- Proverbs 17:17, 18:24- How has someone been a great friend for you?
- Proverbs 22:11- What demonstrates that a person has a pure heart? What does “speaks with grace” sound like?
- Proverbs 27:6- Can you remember a time when a friend “wounded” you and it was good.
- Proverbs 22:24- Danger- Why is it so dangerous to be friends with a hot-tempered person?
- Proverbs 16:28, 17:9- Danger- How do you move forward when a friend breaks a confidence?
- When you look at your life, what do you need the most in a friend?
- What are you doing to foster friendships in your life that help you live for Jesus?