Small Group Study Questions - Easter
Getting Started: What is one thing from your life that you “didn’t see coming?”
Digging In: Read Matthew 28
- Follow the story of the guards throughout this chapter. What was their experience?
- If you were one of the guards, how much money would have taken for you to lie about what you had seen and experienced?
- Follow the story of the women throughout this chapter. What was their experience?
- Why do you think it was the women who came to the tomb instead of the men?
- vs. 8 says they were “afraid yet filled with joy.” What does that combination look like? Can you think of time you have felt the same combination of emotions?
- vs. 17 gives another interesting combination of responses, this time by the eleven disciples. They worshiped but some doubted. What does that combination look like?
- vs. 18- What did Jesus mean when he said that all authority in heaven and earth had been given to him? (Phil. 2:9-11, Revelation 5:1-12)
- vs. 19- What is the connection between the authority of Jesus and the mandate for us to make disciples of all nations?
- Would you call yourself a person who is making disciples of others? What are you doing to live up to that designation?
- Many Christians settle for being a disciple of Jesus when we are called to be making disciples. Why do you think that is?
- What are the activities you can do to become a disciple maker?
Pray for each other to be obedient to Christ.