Getting Started: Do you know anyone who has had a renovation nightmare story on their home? What went wrong?
Digging In: Read I Corinthians 3:9-17, Matthew 7:24-27
- What did the wise man and the foolish man have in common?
- Do you think they were surprised when the storms came?
- How do you think each of them felt about their “house” before the storm? How about during the storm? How about after the storm?
- Do you think the foolish builder would blame his construction techniques, or would he blame the storm for his problems?
- Ultimately, how does a person build a house on the rock?
- What are you doing to build wisely? Where might cracks be showing in your foundation?
I Corinthians 3-
- How do the word pictures of Matthew 7 and I Corinthians 3 present the same truth?
- What are some things you see others building their life out of that are wood, hay and straw?
- Why do people build with wood, hay and straw?
- What precious things do you need more of in the foundation of your life?